This morning I was asked by one of the hard-working business owners I mentor for extra tips on time management.
If you ever find that you’re in the horrible position of seemingly too much to do and never enough time, I thought I’d share with you the 6 insights I shared with my mentee this very morning.
- When you plot an end deadline in your calendar, work back for the critical steps required to meet the deadline, add those actions and dates in too, decide who should be doing and allocate accordingly
- Review your actions and deadlines on a daily basis (some people even choose to review hourly!) in terms of prioritisation
- Remember the difference between urgent and important and prioritise accordingly
- Remember the 3Ds and choose what’s appropriate – Do, Delegate, Ditch
- Never let a piece of paper pass through your hands more than twice – either action it, plan it, file it or bin it
- Only do what only you can do.
My final thought.
ONLY take actions if they take you closer to your goals.
Don’t know your goals?
Or don’t have them documented in a one-page visual plan?
Then speak to me for a discussion on how I support business owners to define and meet their goals, feel happy fulfilled, in control and in profit.
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Thanks for viewing my blog, feel free to invite me to connect on LinkedIn.